Sunday, August 28, 2011

Just Blowing Through

Let's see - it's been about 10 months since I last wrote a blog entry (oh, how I've missed you my dearest bloggie). Leaving Cafe Confidential was a solid career and life move, but, back in a kitchen and far from my patrons, I just didn't have any good material to work with.

So, why the post now you may ask? Huricane Irene is absolutely battering the East Coast and, rather than curling up in bed comforting my assuredly scared cat, I am finishing a double shift at 5 AM leading into a tripple shift before I get to drive home on Monday around four in the AM. That's the thing about my current gig - royal treatment means royally painful hours and 24/7 service, even amidst natural disasters.

That's the restaurant industry people. When this is all over, I'll be able to say that Huricane Irene was nothing more than a long weekend. I can barely hear the wind, rain, or destruction tearing apart my beloved city... just another day and night at the office. To everyone from the Bahamas to New England, please be safe and be well.

1 comment: